Saturday, July 25, 2015
I made a smoothie with kale from the garden with a spring of mint, some fresh figs, almond milk and a teaspoon of raw honey. The key is to have just a few leaves, and a few figs for sweetness. Delicious.
Thursday, July 16, 2015
Summer the same seems to happen every year: It is finally here after a long winter, school’s out and I am languid and enjoy myself, try to soak it all up, prowling the beautiful Maine coast for time at the beach and hiking, and have not much interest in spending time in the kitchen to develop new recipes. It’s eating out or throwing together a quick salad.
Last weekend, on one of my lazy days at home, I came up with a great iced coffee recipe ---- brewing a large pot of coffee, chilling it in the fridge, and foaming a can of coconut milk with some coconut water, a dash of ground cardamom and a dash of cinnamon in the vitamix. Storing it also in the fridge. Putting all the ingredients together with some ice cubes and some sugar. The Indian iced coffee. Delicious.
Summer time seems like frivolous time to me, a time to finally be frivolous and unproductive. Time to not think about serious things, plan and plot, but take a break, laugh, play, recharge.So, I came across this beautiful eye candy blogs, they are perfect for summer.
Eye-candy beauty and fashion blogs:
- The Chriselle Factor
- Interested in girly stationary?
- From DIY succulent arrangement to fitness and eats, a great lifestyle blog.
There are also some good reads for the long, relaxed summer days:
- Everything west of the I-5 is toast because of an unknown fault line? Time to get out of Seattle.
- Recently, I listened to “The Cider House Rules” by John Irving. Not only does it play in Maine, at the fictional Ocean View Orchards, and St. Cloud’s orphanage I also started to love it because the characters are so wonderfully developed they come to life, and you know them so well half way through the book they make you laugh out loud with a tiny sentence.
- I guess I am one of the few who found “50 shades of grey” (movie) utterly boring, predictable and unsexy. Is this what people think that women aspire to romantically? Being unsure of themselves and their future, and then being rescued and swept off their feet by a guy who says he does not ‘make love’ but woos her with helicopter rides (of course, piloted by the beau, otherwise anyone could do it), expensive apartments and dinners. The only redeeming quality of the movie was that the protagonist walked away in the end and seemed in charge, whereas poor Kim Basinger got her heart broken in 9 1/2 weeks back in the days.
Friday, July 10, 2015
I arrived at the farm, got some containers. “To the left” she said “you can pick anywhere you want, but it is slim pickin’s.”
Sunday, July 5, 2015
Here are some impression from the last week.
Sunday, June 28, 2015
But now, the cats have taken revenge.
They wrote a whole book of poems about things they could pee on. I understand they are indeed very opinionated about being ‘pissed’.