Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Variations on Smoothies

Lately, I have been making quite a few smoothies. It rapidly became clear which ones are my favorites, and I started to vary from there, based on veggies and fruits in my fridge and freezer. So, here is my TOP SMOOTHIE List.

Green Goddess Smoothie
2 handfuls of fresh spinach or baby spinach
1 cup nonfat yoghurt
1/2 banana

optional: add a handful of fresh arugula salad -- great taste

Green Goodess Smoothie II
2 handfuls of fresh spinach or baby spinach
1 cup nonfat yoghurt
1/2 tart apple (like granny smith, unpeeled, but washed)

Sunrise Mango Smoothie
1 fresh mango, peeled and cut into chunks
1 orange, peeled
juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime
1 apple

Raspberry Greek Yogurt Smoothie
1/2 cup of non-fat greek yogurt
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 banana 
agave nectar.

No comments:

Post a Comment