Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Clean Eating: Vegan Overnight Oats


Oh dear. I think if you just read about something often enough, you will try it out eventually. Talk about brain washing/the influence of fellow bloggers. Overnight oats, especial in an almost empty peanut butter jar, seems to be a favorite on many of the health/running blogs I read. So far, I've been immune to the idea (similar to as to the idea of running a marathon), but looking for variety for breakfast yesterday, I gave it a try. The result? Oh my! So good!!

Vegan Overnight Vermont Muesli
1/4 cup Vermont Mountain muesli (King Arthur flour online shop)
1 cup almond milk
1 TB chia seeds and cacao bits
1/2 banana, sliced
1/2 scoop Sun Warrior raw vegan protein powder (vanilla flavor)

Mix all ingredients in the evening, and store in a glass jar with a lid in the fridge. Serve the next morning/lunch. The muesli is eaten uncooked and cold, just soaked overnight. Add dried cranberries, apple slices or nut butter (almond, peanut, etc)  if desired. I had it straight up, and it was SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment