Friday, November 5, 2010

While the rest of the world.....


While the rest of the healthy fit bloggin' world is off food paparazzing in San Francisco for the 2nd Foodbuzz Festival this weekend, I am stuck here in rainy weather on the east coast.  At least, some marathoners took the reverse trip to New York. Anyway, I am at home, working and enjoying another winter salad!

Vegan radicchio winter salad
1/2 medium sized head of radicchio
handful cherry tomatoes, halved
1-2 baby portabella mushroom, sliced
1 small organic pear, sliced
1 dollup of home-made hummus
1 TB pine nuts
fresh ground black pepper
some black cherry balsamic vinegar
some olive oil 
(or appropriately a non-lazy black cherry balsamic vinaigrette)

(photo source: Fitnessista)

3 comments:

  1. I'm not in S.Fran *booo. stuck in Phx in the high 90's *booo I love raddichio, yummy salad.
    p.s. why is everyone taking pics of their empty plates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not in S.Fran *booo. stuck in Phx in the high 90's *booo I love raddichio, yummy salad.
    p.s. why is everyone taking pics of their empty plates?

    ReplyDelete
  3. pictures of empty plates... indeed! One day there is probably a new eating disorder, the photo-eating disorder ;-) haha, I am probably guilty, too.

    ReplyDelete