Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sweet Potato Pancakes with Spinach


After Tina's fail with potato pancakes, I was curious: what went wrong? I guessed too much liquid. I had baked sweet potatoes left over, but I needed a bit more green in them to make pancakes. These are vegan (no egg!), and they worked out just fine.

Sweet Potato Pancakes (makes one serving)
1 sweet potato, cooked or baked, cubed
3 TB unflavored almond milk
salt, pepper to taste
1 clove roasted garlic
3-4 TB panko bread crumbs
handful baby spinach leaves, chopped
1/2 TB grapeseed oil

Fill the sweet potato and almond milk in a food processor, and puree. Pour mix in a mixing bowl, and add the salt and pepper and the smushed roasted garlic clove. Mix in the panko bread crumbs and the raw spinach leaves. Heat the oil in pan and shape one big or several small patties with the sweet potato mix and fry it in the pan until golden brown on both sides. Serve!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really yummy! I bet my kids would love these! Thnks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete