Sunday, March 6, 2011

Asparagus Leek Soup

Popped in an old tape with Food TV shows this morning, times when Rachel Ray was still unmarried and perky, Martha Stewart had not gone to jail yet, and Tyler Florence was still single and hot. When I first taught myself cooking, I taped Food TV shows to watch them over and over again until I had memorized all the details and imitated the chefs (much to my delight also producing tasty dishes!). As time goes by…… Now, it is Sunday morning, most of my bloggies seem to sleep in today, but Giada cooked an elegant soup on TV this morning, and it became the inspiration for lunch.
Asparagus Leek Soup (2 servings): (vegan version)
  • 1 ts grapeseed oil
  • 1/2 cup leeks, white and light green parts, washed and cut into thin slices
  • 10 thin fresh asparagus stalks, fiberous ends cut off and discarded, and remaining stalk cut into 1 inch chunks
  • 1/4 cup fresh baby spinach (or frozen)
  • handful fresh basil or 1 cube frozen basil
  • salt, pepper to tasted
  • 2 cups of vegetable bouillon
Heat the grapeseed oil, and add the leeks, asparagus and baby spinach. Stir and saute for about 5 min on medium heat. Add the vegetable bouillon and the basil, and simmer for about 20 min. Cool to room temperature, and puree the soup in a food processor. Reheat, and serve with whole-wheat toast with some baked mozzarella daiya cheese.
asparagus.soup

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog! (From the Edible Perspective) and I love it! Oh my gosh, I wish I'd found it earlier!! :) Your recipes look so good, I Can't wait to try them!

    I have some asparagus in my fridge right now, so I might give this soup a try!

    ReplyDelete