Browsing through the current Clean Eating magazine, the Moroccan chickpea salad caught my eye: bursting red and orange colors mixed with perly-white chickpeas, hints of green (mint) and bits of star-white (feta). Shortly, I had to make it. My version is slightly different but all Moroccan and a feast for the eyes, too.
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 small or 1 large carrot, peeled and with a julienne peeler sliced into thin strands
- handful cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 red bell pepper, small dice
- a few spring of fresh thyme
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 ts cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/2 ts honey
- 1/2 TB extra virgin olive oil (fruity type)
Place all the vegetables in a container. Remove the leaves from the thyme spring, chop (or not) and add to the salad. Add a slight bit of salt and pepper. In a cup, mix the cumin, cayenne, orange juice, honey and olive oil. Whisk, and pour over the salad. Let the flavors come together for about 1h in the fridge, and serve!