Healthy, and tasty cookies… Great for snacks to go and that pick-me-up cup of coffee in the morning.
- 1/2 cup rice cereal, 1/2 pulverized in food processor
- 1/4 cup and 2 TB quinoa flour (quinoa flour is gluten free and great for flavor, but all purpose flour works, too).
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats or (TJ) multigrain flakes
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 TB chia seeds
- 2 TB unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 TB cacao bits
- 1/2 ts baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup pureed canned pumpkin
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 ts cinnamon extract
Preheat oven to 375F.
First, grind the rice cereal in a food processor or magic bullet. Combine all the dry ingredients. Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Then combine wet and dry ingredients. With a small icecream scoop make about 1inch diameter balls, and pat them flat. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat or just sprayed. Bake for 25min for a nice crunch.
I had 17 cookies; one has about 50kcal.