Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rutabaga Fries with Truffle Ketchup

Nothing much inspired me at the supermarket. Veggies and veggies and veggies. But then I saw the rutabagas on a table, and on sale, and remembered Julie’s fries. Rutabaga fries with truffle ketchup!
  • 1 rutabaga
  • salt, pepper, Montreal grilled steak spice mix
  • cooking spray
Truffle ketchup
Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Peel the rutabaga with a potato peeler. Cut in medium-thin slices, and then cut each slice into thin sticks. Arrange on the baking sheet, spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt, pepper and the steak grill salt mix. Mix all fries using your hands, and arrange the fries flat so that they all bake, not boil. Bake for 40-45min.
In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup, hot sauce, vegan mayonaise and the truffle oil. Serve with hot fries!
DSC_8022_2

1 comment:

  1. Yum!!! I've never had rutabaga fries but I think I'd enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete