Thursday, May 26, 2011

Attack of the Killer Mint

Finally, we have some good weather! Sunshine, warm temperatures, warm enough to run around in capris and tees, but not too hot for doing so some work in the garden. A few years ago, I put in a new seated area in the back of my garden, being inspired by those beautiful gardens Crate and Barrel photographs their lawn furniture in. I removed trees and brush, planted lawn and flowering pants, and laid a stone floor with a mix of natural Maine stones and decorative stones from, well, Home Depot. I loved it. For about one season. Then, there was the attack of the lawn and not much was visible of the stone floor anymore. This year I dug up the stones again and did what I should have done in the first place: put weed blocker underneath. Lawn is similar to mint – it seems to take over the world where it is not supposed to. But unlike mint the lawn sometimes does not grow where it supposed to, and you’re busy fixing those bare patches on the lawn. Naughty, naughty.
backyard_2011

No comments:

Post a Comment