Friday, May 20, 2011

Express pressed Tofu

To be honest, I am not really a big fan of tofu but lately I found a few good recipes to marinate or fry tofu, and I am always enticed when I try the different varieties at the Whole foods Market food bar like faux chicken salad or curried tofu. So, I decided to invest in a little tool that takes the mess out of pressing tofu (I take any excuse to buy a new kitchen tool ;-)). It is called the Tofuxpress, and works like a charm: remove the tofu from the liquid and place into the tofuxpress container. Place the top with the spring onto the block and attach the sides to the container. It will press down the lid until the tofu block is about half the size and much of the liquid is extracted. It has an additional lid to store the pressed block airtight, if not used immediately. Cool!
untitled shoot-001-2

No comments:

Post a Comment