Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pasta with Morels and Artichokes

Doh. After 2 weeks of summerly weather the weather converted back to temperatures in the 50s today, overcast, rain. The tazo passion tea is served hot again instead of ice-cubed, and my appetite converted back to a preference for heated foods. 

A few days ago, I finally picked up some morels at Whole Foods. Admittedly, I never had morels before but Mark Bittman preparing them on “The Minimalist” got me interested. The price of morels is outrageous ($39.99 for a pound) so I just bought just a few fresh ones. I fried them in olive oil with salt and pepper, and added a few (previously frozen) artichoke hearts, cooked spaghetti, garlic and vegan sour cream. Overall it was delicious but the ingredients slightly overpowered the taste of the morels.
morels

No comments:

Post a Comment