Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A pint of peanut butter banana ice cream

Yesterday, I was lounging around enjoying the nice weather and was in the mood for something different. I had read Julie’s peanut butter recipes on the Shape magazine site and was instantly inspired to make a peanut butter banana smoothie, the vegan way. I mixed pieces of a frozen banana, a generous tablespoon of peanut butter, a cup of almond milk, 2 TB chia seeds, some stevia and about 1 1/2 cups of ice cubes. It all went into the vitamix and the result was not a smoothie but a slushy thanks to the generous amount of ice cubes! I poured it into a Weck glass and there I had it: a whole pint of instant peanut butter banana ice cream! And, yes, I ate the whole thing.

peanut butter banana icecream

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! That's basically what I have for breakfast every morning, except I serve the peanut butter on the side!!

    ReplyDelete