I first had this hummus at the farmers market. They also offer a great hummus with garlic scapes, which I love (the next recreation!). My own version of the curried hummus turned out great. It is a basic hummus recipe but with curry powder and a touch of sweetness with some maple syrup.
- 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight and cooked for 45min with a bay leaf and 3 small garlic cloves (instr see below)
- 1 TB garlic flavored (or plain) extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 ts salt and some fresh ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and microplaned
- 1 1/2 TB tahini (sesame butter)
- 1/2 TB curry powder
- 1 TB maple syrup
- ca 1/4 of chickpea cooking liquid (or water if using canned chickpeas)
Cooking dried chickpeas:
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 2-3 cups of water
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves garlic
Cook in 1 1/2 cups of water and add a fresh or dried bay leaf and 2 peeled garlic cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer on low for about 45min (or until soft). Preserve cooking liquid.