Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer time

Finally, a really, really hot day with blue skies that asks for a bikini, a relentlessly lazy tanning day and filling the make-shift home pool. Also the fridge is full with fruit, and a cool fruit salad seems just the fare for today. It reminds me of the time when my mom packed up a big cooler with sandwiches and fruit salad, and we would head out to the public pool first thing in the morning, and stay all day, splash in the water, run around, eat, play, meet friends, until the cooler was empty and it was 5pm and time to go home, tired and with manageable temperatures. But I am getting ahead of myself it is only noon!

There are many things to do today, and when you wait for 7month for summer to arrive it feels like not missing out on hikes, the ocean, the beach, but for today I am staying put, at home and maybe at the river. Heat and crowds, not a good combination.

DSC_0922 DSC_0966

No comments:

Post a Comment