- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 cup packed mache (or any other ‘filler’ leaves like baby spinach)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 T white miso (I use sodium reduced white mellow miso)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 cup water (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- juice of 1/2 lemon (prevents that the pesto turns brown)
- optionally (for non-vegan version): 1 oz of sheep's milk feta
More photos and the rest of the recipe below. . .
Pasta with Pesto
- 2 oz penne
- 2 TB pesto
Update: if you add fresh lemon juice the pesto will stay green and can be kept in the fridge for a few days.