Friday, August 26, 2011

The calm before the storm

Today was a gorgeous day. Overcast and cool in the morning, but sunny, splendid and warm in the afternoon and evening. I flocked, like many others, to the American Folk Festival in Bangor. It is hard to believe that in a few days we should be assaulted by Irene, at least that is what the governor and the weather channel say. The folk festival is cut down to 2 days thanks to Irene, and I guess the lawn furniture and plants are coming in early this year. I even bought a new flashlight today.

I am a bit worried that I don’t have a battery backup to my sump pump and if electricity goes I won’t be just out of that seasonal frozen summer squash and sweet corn but the basement might flood again. Indoor swimming pool? Worst case: that beautiful, several hundred year old tree in the back of my house might actually flatten the house.

oh dear.

Please, Irene, take a right turn.

folkfestival

No comments:

Post a Comment