Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chili Chocolate Protein Smoothie

It is a beautiful, bright, sunny September morning, just like 10 years ago, when I had just moved to Maine. I was in a store ordering furniture for my office, when the few people were standing in front of a TV, stunned. “Have you seen this?” the shop owner said. No, I had not. Both Twin Towers sent off big billowing clouds of smoke and we looked on, stunned. I thought of the people trapped in buildings, so many people. Then, one of the towers collapsed. It still painful to think of it, of all the lives lost but also the symbolic act of the Twin Towers collapsing. And the traumatic effect it had on the US.

After watching several tributes this morning, I needed something to cheer me up and bring me back to today’s sunny Sept 11. To be grateful for all the good things in my life. I needed a kick, so what better than to kick it up a notch with a fresh chili pepper in my morning chocolate smoothie? Chocolately, thick, sweet and with quite a kick in the end.

Chili chocolate smoothie

  • 1 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (or chocolate powder, if you have it)
  • 1/2 TB cocoa
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 TB chia seeds
  • 1/4-1/2 chili pepper (depending on how hot the pepper is and how hot you like the smoothie)
  • optional: crushed ice

Mix all in the blender (vitamix perferred), and serve.

chili_choco_smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment