Kale Risotto (makes 2 servings)
- 1/2 TB olive oil
- 1 ts butter
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, microplaned
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- ca 10 kale leaves, stems cut off, and leaves cut into thin strips
- corn of one ear of fresh sweet corn
- 1/4 ts of fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 ts of fresh thyme
- salt, fresh ground pepper
- some grated parmesan
Heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy sauce pan on medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sweat until translucent. Then add the washed rice, stir and toast for 30 seconds on medium heat. Now, add the white wine, and wait until it is cooked off.
Turn the heat to low, and start ladling in 1/4-1/2 cup of hot vegetable stock to the risotto. Also add the kale, the corn, the nutmeg and fresh thyme. Cook the risotto gently on low heat until the liquid is evaporated (4-5 min). Once the stock is cooked off, add another 1/2 cup of hot stock. Repeat until the rice is soft and cooked (about 25 min). Add parmesan and then salt and pepper to taste. Serve!