Friday, September 16, 2011

When is fall?

When does it feel like fall and things start to change? There are the obvious changes that suddenly people in the blog world go pumpkin crazy (pumpkin beer, pumpkin spiced latte, pumpkin protein pancakes, and pumpkin decorations, …..). I must admit I had my first pumpkin beer the other day and it did not taste like pumpkin at all but like nutmeg and a hint of cinnamon.

For me fall starts, when I make hot Mint Tazo tea instead of iced Passion Tazo tea. When lunch is sauteed kale with tofu and BBQ sauce instead of a fresh salad. When I start to cook soups for dinner. When I wonder how chilly it will be on my bike ride to work, and if I need a jacket. When I wake up to my cat being nestled next to me, keeping warm. Well, I am not wearing any socks and jacket yet, the leaves are still green in the trees and it is still warm during the day. Just a hint of fall….

delicata_squash

No comments:

Post a Comment