Monday, December 26, 2011

Potato, Potahto. It’s all just a lahtke to me.

We got a few inches of snow last night, not much to speak of, but cold temperatures and after days of being sequestered under the Christmas tree I took the chance for a ski. The air was crisp, the sun peeked through the trees, and there was enough snow to glide above the surface working up a sweat. This called for a pre-ski snack. The frozen latkes I had picked up at Trader Joes last time came in handy. I heated up a latke straight from the freezer, it took maybe 10 min and tasted like freshly made --- crispy on the outside and smooth-potato-ey on the inside. I also heated a few of the spicy lentil patties, which I had baked instead of fried. The chopped medjool dates gave them a wonderful sweetness in contrast to the smokey and spicy flavor and burger-like texture. All rounded out with some mixed green, black cherry vinaigrette, and sauteed mushrooms. 

skifood-1LR

No comments:

Post a Comment