- 2 TB bitter orange marmalade (such as Hero, or Bonne Mamman)
- 1/2 cup water
- hot chili sauce
- 1/2 pound of carrots, peeled, cut into 2 in sticks and quartered
- 1/2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 red onion, cut into long spears
- salt, pepper
- fresh rosemary, chopped
- good pinch of cayenne pepper
In a skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the onion. Drain the carrots and add them to the onion mix in the pan. Heat on medium-high to caramelize and slightly brown the sweetened, glazed carrots. Add the salt, pepper and rosemary, and a good pinch of cayenne.
I added some cannellini beans for a great vegan dish. Serve!