Friday, January 20, 2012

Vegan Banana Milk with Dates

The other day I read about banana milk on one of the blogs I read. I don’t remember which one but the idea stuck. Banana milk! It brought back memories of a boxed banana milk drink from my childhood, bright yellow, incredible sweet and the artificial flavoring of bananas. I loved it, though. It was time for a grown-up version ---- fresh bananas and almond milk as main ingredients, a mejdool date for sweetness, chia seeds for umpf, and strawberries, why not. Exquisite!

Vegan banana milk with dates (1 serving):
  • 1 cup of almond milk
  • 1 banana
  • 1 date
  • 2 TB chia seeds
  • 5-6 strawberries
All in the food processor (add ice if summery temperatures), a good twirl, and ready to go!

banana_smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment