Sunday, February 12, 2012

I look to you

Today, I did what probably many did. I turned on Pandora on my ipad and typed in Whitney Houston, and went about my Sunday morning in the kitchen. I had already watched many of her videos on youtube last night, groused that that 80s style was so hideous, but mesmerized by her voice and energy. When I read about it on twitter first, I could not believe it. And then I cried. The last time I cried when someone I didn't know personally died was when Steve Jobs passed away. She was one of the great voices in the last decades, besides Celine Dion and Jennifer Hudson, with voices that just go under your skin because there is so much of them and their emotion in it. 

Goodbye, Whitney. Hopefully, you are in a better place now.

whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment