The has 3 parts: the precooked grains and lentils, the fresh vegetables and a fresh, light, lemony vinaigrette. It would be good to mix all three shortly before serving. Goat cheese or feta would also work well as well as some toasted pine nuts.
- 1/2 cup harvest grains or Israeli couscous
- 1/2 ts butter
- 1/2 cup + 3 TB chicken broth (or water or vegetable broth)
- pinch of salt.
- 1/4 of a seedless English cucumber, peeled and diced
- ca 1 cup of diced celery
- 2-3 mini red or orange bell pepper
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and diced
- ca 10 grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 ts honey
- 1/2 ts mustard
- oregano and dried mint
Combine all 3 parts, and serve. Makes 4 medium sized portions.