Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Planting time

It is rainy, then warm and the lawn, like usually in May with all the rain, needs to be mowed every week now. Free exercise and fresh air, right? I planted  round zucchini this year, grown from seeds, peas and lacinato kale. The perennial herbs have come back, the sage, thyme, oregano, chives and I am looking forward to cook with them, especially fresh thyme. I also grew several seedlings of kuri squash from the seeds of a squash I had bought last fall; they are doing so well I might have to give some away since I don’t have the space for all of them.

Lunch salad were the leftovers in the fridge: radicchio with balsamic vinaigrette, sauteed kale with yellow bell pepper, fresh squeeze orange juice and white wine and a 1/2 hot pepper, topped with goat cheese and strawberries.

radicchio_salad

No comments:

Post a Comment