Sunday, June 3, 2012

Roasted fennel with balsamic vinaigrette

The rain finally came, making it an indoor Sunday, with curled up cats on the couch, and me watching the Iron Lady for a second time. It seems that people love or hate the movie equally strong. I find it very moving. To imagine that such a powerful woman, a world leader, today struggling with dementia she might look back on her life like this. Although the representation of her life of now is fictional, it is very well done. I am not sure how likeable Maggie Thatcher really is, but Maggie Thatcher with Meryl Streep’s heart makes me love her. Meryl Streep deserved this oscar. And she has a few more in her.

I deep cleaned the kitchen, made vegan muffins, which tasted great (apple cardamon!) but they were sticky instead of crumbling so they need a make over. The roasted fennel with roasted mini bell pepper and balsamic vinaigrette was delicious.

roasted_fennel

2 comments:

  1. yum that roasted fennel looks GOOOOD! thanks for sharing! and i loved the Iron Lady too! MS is such a talented actress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roasted fennel rocks- never cooked it myself, but I do intend on giving it a try :)

    ReplyDelete