Friday, August 24, 2012

Creamy Fig Dressing with Greek Yogurt and Feta

Today, I finished my last portion of mache from Whole Foods, and I like to eat it as it is, no other vegetables, but with a creamy yogurt dressing and some toasted hazelnuts. I don’t buy dressing in a jar, so I whipped one up, inspired by the fresh figs. A fresh fig, a bit of greek yogurt, some feta cheese, a few herbs, salt and pepper and the perfect creamy dressing is ready. The fig adds just the right amount of sweetness.

creamy_fig_Dressing2

Creamy Fresh Fig Dressing (makes 1 generous portion):
  • 1 fresh fig, quartered
  • 1/4 cup of greek yogurt (I like Fage)
  • 1/8 cup water
  • 1 square inch cube sheep milk feta
  • 1 TB of feta brine (sheep milk feta typically comes with a brine, @ FM, Trader Joes or Wholefoods) – if not using, add some salt to taste
  • 1  ts dried or fresh rosemary
  • a few fresh basil leaves or 1-2 springs of savory
  • 1/2 ts of dijon mustard
  • fresh ground pepper
  • optionally: 1 ts olive oil
Place all ingredients in a food processor (vitamix!) and puree until smooth consistency. Fill in a small jar for serving or directly on the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment