Marbled Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all0purp0se flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided into a 1/2 cup and a 2 cup portion
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 TB espresso powder
- 1/2 cup bittersweet mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk, at room temperature
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (cold from the fridge warm for 20 sec in microwave)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 large organic free-range eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk
In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 cups flour, the baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, cocoa powder, espresso powder and 2 TB milk. Whisk until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
Place the 2 sticks of melted butter and 2 cups sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high until the mixture is blended, about 1 minute. Add in vanilla extract and continue beating until combined. Add the 5 eggs, one at a time, beating each egg until it has been incorporated. Now, turn mixer down to its lowest speed and add the flour mixture (from the first step) in three additions, alternating with the whole milk in two additions and mixing just until blended.
Add 2 cups of batter (from the fourth step) to the cocoa mixture and stir until blended.
Using a spatula, pour enough vanilla batter into the pan to fill the bottom. Now the chocolate batter on top of the vanilla mixture and distributed well. Finish with the vanilla layer. Use a chop stick and draw it once through the cake better to get the marbling.
Bake for 55 - 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool cake in the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes, before turning out to cool completely.