Saturday, January 12, 2013

First 2013 trip to the coast

It is unusually mild and it was an overcast day but it was also the last hurray before the semester starts on Monday, so I headed to the coast, Belfast as my favorite Maine hippie town as destination. I made it time for lunch at Chase’s Daily. Since they make meals mostly from produce on their farm I wondered what would be on the seasonal menu, because there is not much left seasonally this time of the year. There was an awesome chickpea and roasted cauliflower soup, and a cabbage and lentil salad. In one of my favorite stores, Brambles, I brought home a little piece of Florida --- a blooming and wonderfully fragrant Meyer Lemon tree with already a tiny green lemon. Good day, allaround.

belfast_1

belfast_2.2

belfast_2

belfast_3

belfast_4

belfast_5

belfast_6

belfast_8

belfast_9

belfast_10

No comments:

Post a Comment