Sunday, February 10, 2013

Shaved Fennel and Red Cabbage salad

The snow stopped last night and my workout was, as usual for these kind of days, shoveling the driveway. Fresh air, upper body strength, who needs weights or WODs, no? Today, the sun came out but I was too wiped out to go skiing from shoveling the masses of snow yesterday. The snow was up to my thigh, powdery, but nevertheless. Feeling like a tired Hercules, I took it easy, and made myself a crunchy salad: shaved fennel with shaved red cabbage and a Asian dressing. Fabulous!
red_cabbage_fennel_salad
  • half bulb of fennel, shaved with mandolin
  • 1/8th of a medium size head of red cabbage
  • 1/4 red bell pepper, small dice
  • fennel prawns for decoration
  • Marinade:
    • juice of 1/2 orange
    • orange zest of half orange
    • 1/2 sesame oil
    • 1 ts soy sauce
    • 1/2 ts red pepper flakes
    • 1/2 ts honey

No comments:

Post a Comment