My dinner was similarly colorful: three color latkes – made with carrots, sweet potato and beets. It does not take much, shredding them, some flour, egg and spices, and frying them up. Acompanied by salad and a Greek yogurt herb sauce.
(makes 5 small sized latkes)
- 1 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 medium sized beet, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, micro-planed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TB olive oil for frying
Sauce: mix small cup of Greek yogurt with a bit of water, a pressed garlic clove, fresh chopped rosemary and salt and pepper.