Middle eastern chickpea burgers
- 2 cups of cooked white or black chickpeas (I used black ones, available in India stores)
- 1 onion, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (I used Trader Joes hot cereal multigrain flakes)
- 1 TB chili powder
- 1 TB sumac
- 1 TB dukkah (Trader Joes!)
- 2-3 TB Stonewall Kitchen Ginger Teriyaki Grille sauce (or Spicy BBQ sauce)
- 1-2 ts salt
- 1-4TB of chickpea cooking liquid or water
Mix the chickpeas, onion, oatmeal, spices and salt in a food processor until well mixed. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray, and form patties with the mixture. Baked on 375F for 20min, flip and cook another 15min.
serve as a veggie burger.