Monday, June 24, 2013

The tattooed arm

It started all with this: An upper arm that started to look significantly thinner than its right counterpart. I could see the place where I wore the bodymedia armband for 4 years straight.  In the summer I find it more annoying because the fashion statement of ‘cool summer dress’ and bulky ‘armband’ does not look elegant. For this summer I decided to change things up and try the Fitbit flex. After waiting forever for it to become available on Amazon I finally bought it at bestbuy. and in anticipation of  summer arms I had changed the armband from the left to the right arm a week ago. This is how my arm still looks like today despite plenty of sunshine. The permanently bodymedia tattooed arm.

4year_body_media2

The device definitely helped with more accurate information of my actual activity and sleep pattern (and a new appreciation of the calorie burn of house cleaning). But the arm?

Today, I set-up the fitbid flex. I spare you the details, obviously I was the only one for whom the set-up took 4hours, on 4 different platforms, mac, windows, ipad, old windows machine, but it worked at last so all is forgiven. Now, let’s do comparison tracking.

fitbid_flex

No comments:

Post a Comment