Sunday, November 3, 2013

Beatnik juice

After one week of eating grilled cheese sandwiches, quesadillas, rice soups, and baked potatoes, I was ready to add fresh veggies back to my diet. I had started to feel that all that processed, squishy white bread was not making me feel any healthier/energized, and I decided although I am on a restricted diet I have to make a healthier version out of it: cook my own food, fresh, flavorful soups, simple ingredients, organic sources, and eat food that I can support again, philosophically. No more squishy white bread, not even when toasted with Sargento cheese. Today, I got the juicer out.

A few carrots, a beet that turned out to be an albino on the inside, a piece of ginger and 2 apples from the farmers market. Much better.

Juice_1

Juice_2

Juice_3

Juice_4

No comments:

Post a Comment