Ps. make sure to only use local, farmers market organic, non-GMO corn and corn meal.
Spicy corn muffins (makes 12 muffins): (glutenfree)
- 1 1/2cup stone-ground or yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk (I used 1/2 cup low fat kefir and 1/2 cup 1% milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick of butter, melted (4oz)
- 1 cup corn kernels, roasted
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 hot chili pepper, cut into very small pieces
- handful of baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup of feta, cut into dice (or use shredded cheddar)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or aluminum foil. Spread a cup of thawed frozen corn kernels on it. Roast in oven until browned, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while mixing batter.
- Sift the dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter. With a standmixer, mix only until the dry ingredients are moistened. Add the roasted corn, feta, smoked paprika, feta and baby spinach. Stir to blend.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill each muffin cup to the top. Bake until perfectly risen and golden brown, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cool for a few minutes.