Cream of Rice soup
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 10 oz winter squash (such as butternut, delicata or sunshine) (peeled, deseeded and diced)
- 1/3 cup quick cooking white rice
- 1/2 garlic clove, peeled, grated
- 1.5 teaspoon vegetable bouillon
- 2-3 whole sage leaves
- spring of fresh mint
- some grated parmesan cheese
Puree the soup in a blender (or use immersion blender if you don’t have time to cool the soup first). Pour back into pot and reheat. Add the herbs whole (they will be removed later once they flavored the soup!), bouillon, and garlic, and reheated for about 4-5 min. Remove the herbs from the soup. Serve soup with some grated parmesan cheese.
Good add-on: shredded boiled chicken.