Today I discovered that one of my Meyer Lemons had a slight cut on the side, and thus it was declared ready for consumption. My first home-grown lemon! This called for something like lemon cake or lemon spaghetti. But I did felt more like gnocchi. Gnocchi, lemon peel, mushroom, garlic, creme fraiche and some parmesan cheese. Delight.
Lemon Gnocchi with Mushroom (1 serving)
- 1 cup gnocchi (cooked in salted water for 2-3 minutes)
- 1 ts olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3-4 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- thinly sliced peel of a half meyer lemon
- juice of a half meyer lemon
- 1 ts agave nectar
- salt to taste
- 1/2 Tablespoon creme fraiche
- parmesan for serving
Cook the gnocchi according to instruction. In a pan heat the olive oil, and saute the sliced garlic and sliced button mushroom until both the garlic and mushroom are browned. Drain the gnocchi and add to the pan. Add the creme fraiche and some salt. Finish with grated parmensan.