Quinoa salad with kumquats, cranberries and almonds
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2-3 kumquats, thinly sliced, peel and all
- half tart apple, finely diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped into finer dice
- 3 TB sliced almond, shortly toasted in a dry pan
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB orange juice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- dash of salt
- dash of cinnamon
Add the quinoa and mix well and gently. Add the dressing either all into the salad, or mix separately and add.
Serve as side to other dishes, e.g. garlicky kale.