In the fall, I buy a few extra bags of cranberries. They freeze well, and cakes with cranberries are so delicious. This is a multi-season fruit crumble --- frozen rhubarb, fresh strawberries and blueberries and frozen cranberries. A merry berry crumble, full of vitamin C, tart and wonderful for that Sunday afternoon cafe.
Merry Berry Crumble
(makes one large oval baking dish)
- 2 cups of frozen rhubarb, cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen cranberries (whole)
- 1.5 cup fresh strawberries and blueberries
- 4 TB sugar
- 1/2 orange, juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, melted
Heat oven to 350F. Butter an oval baking dish (or any baking dish you’d like to serve it in). .
Mix all fruit layer ingredients in a bowl, and pour into the baking dish.
Mix crumble ingredients in another bowl bake, and distribute over the berries.
Bake for 25 min.