Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The storm that never was

I went to bed last night with a sense of relief that today would be a snow day; I would get some work done at home. When I woke up at 7am I looked outside: no snow on the ground and not a single snowflake in the air. The weather report predicted the snow would come at 12pm.

I dragged my feet, and baked several variations of ‘cake in a cup’.

cake_in_cup_LR

I concluded they need to be baked; 90 sec of microwave produces a sponge-like cake.Not the right fluffy textures.

We were visited by a hungry neighbor.

deer

By 12pm there was still not anymore snow, no blinding blizzard, just blindingly cold wind, and so I drove to work for an afternoon of meetings. These little fuzzies stayed home in the warm.

les_kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment