Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday morning and shoes on my mind

It’s Friday. Time to unwind is close. The sun is out again. The mood barometer is ticking up. Much necessary downtime before the final mile. Friday mornings are also a good opportunity to explore the sales emails in more depth, not to buy necessarily but to get in the mood for summer.

When I perused the new collection from JCrew this morning, this look captivated my attention:

 JCrew_birkenstock

What do I see?  Birkenstocks?! At JCrew? …. Indeed, Birkenstock for J.Crew. Aren’t they beauties?

A4281_WT0002

The clean white look. For those brisk summer days in the Hamptons. The same model in navy blue is also a classic, especially for jeans.

A4281_BL8133

Or maybe metallic silver? I can only think of kale eating hippie and sputnik had a baby in the 90s who now wears cool birkenstocks in 2014.

A4282_GY6589

Or this cool wet stone patent leather look? For all the natural color looks, the whites and beiges and turqoise.

A4283_NA6205_d3

Obviously, JCrew picked up on the trend that Birkenstocks are chic again.…… and time to wait for a sale and trying them on in person in the store.

My heart has been pretty much set on these babies since I saw them in the catalogue in March:

slingbacks

Jeans colored slingback pumps…. for the casual summer look. Unfortunately they are also $278 so I will have to pass.

slingbacks_pumps

Then, there is also the Sophia Webster Shoe Collection on JCrew. The Lola kitten-heel pumps in blue leaves is my favorite.

have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment