Monday, May 5, 2014

Finals week

Let’s start the day with shoes. Like in sandals shoes. In general I am not a big fan of flats.They have a tendency to look, well, slightly to very frumpy, but there is one time they don’t: with a flowy maxi dress. And these sandals look fabulous.

Tory burch thong sandals ($199)

toryburch

While we are at it, it looks like Gladiator sandals are still a part of the summer 2014 fashion, and now even Birkenstock caught on to it. Not quite sure what I should think of it.

gladiator_BS

It is still rainy. Yesterday, the occasional thunderstorm made the cats hide under the bed and branches of trees on Main street break off and fall on the top of cars driving by. Commencement will be rained out again this year, if the weather forecast is right. My low-key time to “read a cookbook'” Sunday was in general enjoyable but instead of reading a cookbook this happened:

Painted in Waterlogue

I reorganized the cookbooks by color. I will never find a cookbook again. I scratch my head: Looks like I am not there yet with the ‘unwind, hang loose and enjoy yourself’ mode.

A new week a head, with dubious weather. Time to ease back into science full-time. Listening to student presentations and eating pink donuts with sprinkles.

Painted in Waterlogue

Hoping for summer.

Painted in Waterlogue

No comments:

Post a Comment