It was too late to order a cake so I was perusing for a baby girl shower kind of cake ---- this one is perfect, a bundt cake with some cute pink swirls and a pink glaze.
Pink Swirl Cake
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups of sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2/3 cups Nesquik strawberry milk mix
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 TB strawberry jam
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Nesquik strawberry milk mix
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a bundt cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar, strawberry milk powder, and water, whisking until everything is combined and smooth.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, pour the melted butter and sugar in, and beat on medium high speed for a minute until butter and sugar are well blended. Add in vanilla, rum and almond extract and beat until combined. Then add the eggs in one at a time, mix well after each addition. Once all eggs are added beat mixture until batter is pale yellow.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the flour in three additions, alternating with the milk in two additions and mixing just until blended.
- Scoop out 2 cups of the batter and add it to the strawberry milk mixture, whisking until the batter is pink and everything is combined.
- Using a large spoon, pour several scoops of the white cake batter in the the bundt pan. Then scoop one layer of of strawberry batter on top of the white batter. Keep going this way until all the batter is in the pan.
- Bake the cake for 65 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in the pan for 15 minutes, then invert cake on to wire rack and cool completely.
- Stir all the ingredients of the glaze and drizzle over the cake.