Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tahini Salad Dressing

I lasted about 3 months. 3 months of my cancelled Prime membership at Amazon. Without prime and free 2 day shipping, you no longer see your favorite guy in town (the UPS guy) because the orders you put in can take up to 10 days before they are even shipped and then they are shipped the slowest speed possible, likely arriving by your mailman/woman.  By the time you receive them, you have basically forgotten the things you ordered  (think used book orders). Not having a prime membership definitely helps to beat any shopping addiction. If you imagine you get your new camera in maybe….hmm, 3 weeks? how much fun is that?! On the plus side, I saved a lot of money.

Today I renewed my membership and the new Canon powershot should arrive by Thursday. Life as it should be.

On the other hand, I tried a new salad dressing ---- the last Meyer lemon that I had left on my tree needed a special purposing. There was not much juice left in the lemon but the rind was wonderfully flavorful (and definitely free of any chemicals, just maybe a little lipstick where it got kissed once).  --- Tahini dressing. To add some texture and creaminess I added a handful of chickpeas.

tahini_dressingLR

Meyer Lemon Tahini Dressing
Makes about 1/2 cup

  • 1 Meyer lemon, zested and juiced
  • 1/4 cup water, or more as needed
  • 2 tablespoons tahini, roasted preferred
  • 1/4 cup cooked chickpeas
  • 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 2 TB maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon tamari
  • 1 small garlic clove
  • Black pepper, to taste
  • Cayenne, to taste

Place all ingredients in a high-speed mixer, and twirl away. Lasts up to one week in fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment