The weather is back to being summer, and the mall was very empty today --- likely everyone was at camp, a lake or the beach or hiking. I was wary facing the tourist crowds combined with the crowds of locals finally being able to head out for July 4th weekend and took it easy. Home, sweet home.
I finished a cake, a lemon ricotta bundt cake, which I had made a few weeks ago, and loved so much it needed a repeat, just with 2/3 of the ingredients, perfect for a smaller bundt cake pan. I even made a tiny bundt cake, for me, because the larger one was destined as a welcome back/honeymoon cake for friends.
Honeymoon Cake (Lemon Ricotta Bundt cake)
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter At Room Temperature
- 10 oz Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- dash of lemon extract
- dash of vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 Large Lemon (Save Rest For Glaze)
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1.5 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
For The Lemon Glaze:
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 3 TB fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour the bundt or ring pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the ricotta cheese and blend well. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each. Add the extracts and lemon zest and mix until fully combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients in several smaller parts, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spoon as needed.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth and thick.
- Drizzle the lemon glaze over the top of the cake.
- Let the glaze set for 30 minutes and then cut into wedges and serve.