Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Preparing for a long weekend

With a holiday on Friday in my mind, the entire week feels like one long preparation for the long weekend. The temperatures are in the 90s, World cup games have to be watched at AC-chilled restaurants with big screen tvs, and biking to work makes you arrive as one sweaty mess. Meetings are held in the few AC-ed rooms of the building (it is Maine, and most older buildings do not have AC). But only the die-hard Mainers, who prefer snow, complain. “I like snow…..” they sorrowfully moan, wiping the sweat of their forehead.

july4_2

But I dream of the south of France in summer, crickets, searing heat, beautiful patios, but I don’t have to dream much because with a little fantasy it already feels like the south of France and the deck is cozy.

The next few days will brings thundershowers, and cools us down a bit.  After 1 1/2 weeks on the brazilian butt lift program I did the abs section a second time last night. While during the first time I was completely out of shape, dropped my legs in pain and ended up with back spasms the following days, this time I held my planks like it’s no one’s business. It all felt easy and pain-free. Glad to be in better shape again. I must really give a shout-out to the BBL package --- a lot of fun, variety, and it works. The $75 price tag for the 3 DVDs is worth it. I think I will be using it for a long time (and at some point conquer the sequences of the combinations, sigh). --- Combining this with outdoor runs that start close to my house, all the way downhill until a shaded path along the lake, and then  the uphill walk back to cool down.

summer weeks, please last forever!

july4

No comments:

Post a Comment