Saturday, July 19, 2014

Summer shoe itinerary

I am not sure what it is with me, summer and shoes. My shoe buying seems to gain a significant spike in the summer. This year I am trying to find the perfect Dansko sandal. I’ve been through a few iterations like the Dansko Nigella, the Dankso Tilly and Tasha (both keepers) (7.5/8 size matches best with 38) and now I am trying my luck with Swedish hasbeens (they actually run true to size). I am sure next year it will be a different fad (last year it was birkenstocks).

And then, there is buying new running shoes. Since I don’t follow what is the best running shoe on a regular basis, I look up the Runner’s Magazine recommendation in the year I buy new shoes. This is how I found same asics a few years ago, and they’ve been perfect. This time I was ready to branch out.

How about Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14?

GTS14_editorschoice_HP

Online shopping can be cheaper or not cheap at all ($10,999 for a pair of Brooks on Amazon?)

adrenaline

 

Buying running shoes calls for trying them on and walking around. In the end it came down to these two models for my personal best fit (high arches); the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14 or the Asics Gel-Nimbus 16.

The Asics have the perfect amount of cushioning, and would be a great pair of new running shoes. However, the colors of this shoe are hideous: like they dropped the shoes in a children’s paint set.

asics-gel-nimbus-16-women

Ultimately, I went with the Brooks Adrenaline, very comfortable, very good fit all around the foot, lightweight and perfect also for other sports like body pump, zumba, and the like. Hot pink and dark gray are also colors I can live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment