It was a perfect Saturday. All what was required was relaxing. It was a steaming summery hot September day with awaiting thunderstorms in the afternoon. The lawn was mowed, and after getting some groceries and seeing an episode of House of Cards, I made a fabulous dinner --- baked pasta.
Almost Vegan Baked Pasta
for 2 people or 1 with leftovers.
- 3 oz small penne pasta
- 1 ts olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- ca. 2 inches of Soy chorizo (I use Trader Joe’s)
- handful of grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 large button mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of roasted bell pepper sauce (just 1 cup of tomato sauce)
- 1/3 TB worchestershire sauce
- 2 TB ricotta
- some grated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/4 cup panko and breadcrumbs
- 2 TB grated parmesan cheese
Cook the pasta in a boiling water for 8 min. Preserve some of the cooking water!
Preheat the oven to 350F. In a skillet, heat the olive oil and brown the onion, and mushroom. Add the chorizo meat (discard the skin), add the grape tomatoes, and mix all together. In a separate bowl, combine the tomato sauce, soup, worchestershire sauce, garlic and ricotta and mix well. Once the pasta is cooked, add to the pan with the tomato soup mix and a few laddles of the pasta water. Combine well and pour into a baking dish. Mix the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese and distribute over the pasta. Bake for 20min.