No time to cook (or do anything else much) for the wicked, but the continuous growth of beautiful summer squash called for action. I sat there, watching the riveting final episodes of the first season of the US version of House of Cards (I accidently started with the old UK version before) on netflix, grating three large summer squash. Claire Underwood, my new feminist hero.
To save time pour zucchini mix in a muffin pan and baked them almost like little muffins. --- great lunch box food!
- 3 large summer squash (or zucchini)
- 1/2 ts salt
- fresh crushed black pepper
- 1 small leek, sliced
- some fresh herbs (cilantro, rosemary, thyme), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten with a 1/4 cup of milk
- muffin pan, sprayed.
Put the squished, dried summer squash in a bowl, add the other ingredients, and mix well.
Distributed in a 12-hole muffin pan, and bake for 20-25min. Serve hot or at room temperature